Just another Gal with Endometriosis

What to do? November 2, 2011

Filed under: Endo — EndoGal @ 11:49 AM
Tags: , , , ,

I am completely conflicted this morning after speaking with my doctor.

Here are my options: 1. Increase Cymbalta dose to see if it helps with pain; 2. See a gastroenterologist; 3. Do nothing (that’s my option).

If I have IBS, then increasing the Cymbalta should help. However, I don’t really want to start taking more medication and treat something, until we have a good idea of what we’re treating. IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion and I just want to make sure we’ve excluded everything possible.

Given that I’ve had great test results thus far, I’m not sure there’s much more that the gastroenterologist can do. I guess there are more tests that can be run, but I don’t think they’re going to be very fruitful. The benefit to the gastro doc is that a) that person is a specialist so they may have more insight and b) perhaps a combination of drugs would help with IBS, if that is in fact what I do have.

Or, I could just ignore the pain and learn to live with it. I have had it for 1.5 years straight at this point. What’s the rest of my life? Plus, I have endo and have dealt with pain for years and years, so what’s more pain?

I’m completely frustrated and at a loss today. I’m going to mull it over a bit and see what’s the best route to go. But, I just suspect I’m going to be diagnosed as having pelvic pain with no known cause and that’s it. FML.


Share your thoughts

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s